Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Luggage Handle Covers

I hope that everyone recovered from Tax Day. And maybe if you were lucky you even got a refund. In my youthful days when I received a tax refund I immediately planned my next vacation with that money. Yes, I know I should have been saving it but those were my youthful, carefree days and that’s beside the point. The point of this post is VACATION! Because I have to tie this together somehow don’t I?

Over the weekend I made these luggage handle covers.  I had in my head to make them since we landed from our trip to New Zealand in January. For pretty pictures to make you jealous look here.

The idea for this came to me when the husband and I sat at the luggage carousel for what seemed like forever. And after a 14-hour flight anything more than 5 minutes is forever. Our luggage was on 2 carousels. I went to one and picked up one bag and the husband waited at the other. And waited. And waited. And waited. Have you noticed that 95% of the bags are black? Even though our bags have red ribbing on them they were flipped over and he didn’t see them. We were the last people there before he decided to flip the luggage over and see that it was ours. At that point I knew I’d never fly again without some sort of luggage identifier. Now I’ve seen people tie ribbon or use duct tape but I think it should be done in style. And that is how the luggage handle cover came about. **Note this is not my invention. I wish it were but it’s not and I don’t know who to give credit to. So if you are reading this and you invented these, thank you. **

These will also work perfectly for carry on bags too. I always get a little nervous that someone will be in a rush and grab my bag before I can get to it. I like the window seat so I’m usually the last person out of my isle. With this luggage handle cover my bag is sure to not be mistakenly grabbed by anxious hands!

And lastly because flying/traveling is so stressful with all the rules, regulations and FEES (that’s another post) isn’t it nice to look at something pretty?








NOTE! This fabric (probably) won’t be a part of the regular Cinnamon Sangria line so if you like them snatch them up now. Just email me at: hello@cinnamonsangria.com


$6 for 1, $11 for 2, $15 for 3 (you get the point right?). Want more? Email me for special pricing. You can purchase by either emailing me or visiting my Etsy store. http://www.cinnamonsangria.etsy.com/   Items will be up this week.  I have a few multiples of each color available. 

Covers are machine washable, lay flat to dry.  Sizes are approximately 5.25" tall x 5.75 high (normal size variations may occur).


Cheers!

Cinnamon Sangria

No comments:

Post a Comment