Monday, May 10, 2010

A New Ruffled T-shirt

Hello, my name is Cinnamon Sangria and I hate to spend money on clothing when I know I can make it myself. :)  As mentioned before I'm making a lot of my summer wardrobe.  Below is a shirt that I saw on J-Crew's website.  It's fresh and summery and well, it's just a cotton t-shirt.  I don't remember how much it cost but I knew it was more than I was going to spend for a t-shirt.  And I knew I could make it in no time.



Off to Target to buy 2 t-shirts and well $100 more of STUFF cause you know you can't leave that store with less than $100 spent.  Right?


1 Friday night, 2 t-shirts,  and 1 hour later.  I've got a new top for Saturday lunch with girlfriends.  Not bad if I do say so myself.  This shirt will definately be joining me on my travels this summer.  I'm going to make one in white next as I think I could dress that up with bright jewelry.  Clearly this one has sleeves and the original J-Crew one doesn't.  Maybe I'll make the white one sleeveless.  Also I bought the t-shirts that are 95% cotton and 5% spandex.  Big mistake as I had to sew down the ruffles as they were curling up too much.  Next time, 100% cotton only.  Live and learn.  I still love it.  I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment