Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Travel toothbrush holder


Those of you who know me know that dirt and germs ick me out.  Eww!  I've thrown away all of my old plastic travel toothbrush holders because no matter how much I clean them (either manually or throwing them in the dishwasher) they are still full of creepy crawly germs.  Eww!  I wish I had saved one just to take a picture for this post but I didn't.  If you really want some nightmares go ahead and google dirty travel toothbrush holders.  OMG, I'm so not sleeping tonight.  Or have you ever used plastic sandwich baggies that turn into a soggy mess?  Eww again!
Anyway back to the point of this post is that Mr. Sangria went out of town to Vegas a few weeks ago for a bachelor party.  1.  He's too old for such shenanigans and 2.  I'm jealous.  But I figured that I had been meaning to make these for forever now was as good as time as any.  The great thing about these is that once you return home from your travels you just throw them in the wash and they are as good as new.

 
It's not rocket science.  I just took a purchased washcloth, folded it up and sewed three pockets.  One for toothbrush, one for toothpaste, and last one for floss.  I took some ribbon that I had here at home and sewed it to the side so that it could be tied up. 


And if we are being really honest am I the only one who hides my toothbrush while in hotels?  I know that housekeeping has better things to do than mess with my toothbrush but I'm crazy enough to let my mind go a million places where it shouldn't and think of nasty scenarios.  So while traveling I always pack my toothbrush up and put it away in my suitcase. 
Am I the only one?

Cheers!
Cinnamon Sangria

No comments:

Post a Comment